Edible gardens are acknowledged in the Linwood-Central-Heathcote ward with the Edible Gardens Award.
2019 nominations open from Friday 5 October
The Linwood-Central-Heathcote Edible Garden Awards is an awards programme in partnership with the Canterbury Horticultural Society aimed at acknowledging and supporting individuals, schools and communities who are actively involved in the growing of their own food.
The awards seek to encourage others to consider establishing a garden, either by themselves or with others.
- Residential house
- Residential unit
- School/early childhood centre
- Community garden.
Special awards 2019
- Best first time entrant
- Best sustainability features
- Best organic garden
- Best Yield
- Best Tomatoes
Conditions of Entry
- Entry is free and open to individuals, groups, organisations, and schools within the Linwood-CentralHeathcote Community Board area only.
- All entrants allow the organisers to publish their name and photograph in print and electronic media, including flyers and promotional material.
- Entrants grant the panel permission to enter their property for assessment at a mutually convenient time. Gardeners are encouraged to be present to talk with the panel.
- Garden visits by the assessment panel take place from 8–22 February 2019. Nominees will be advised of the date.
- The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are invited to attend an award ceremony to be held on Thursday 7 March 2019.
Contact us for more information
Linwood Office, 180 Smith Street PO Box 73052 Christchurch 8154
Phone: 941 6631