The Christchurch City Council’s Civic and International Relations Team works with overseas cities to build relationships between their residents, communities and business leaders.
Their role includes:
- Developing and maintaining relations locally, nationally and internationally for cultural, social, environmental and economic benefit to Christchurch;
- Providing introductions and itineraries for visiting delegations to and from Christchurch. To learn more about visiting delegations;
- Providing support to our Christchurch Sister City Committees;
- Delivering civic events, such as ANZAC Day and Citizenship Ceremonies;
- Delivering the 22 February Commemorative events;
- Delivering Royal events;
- Playing a lead role in the city's Antarctic business and affairs; and
- Providing protocol advice.