The Akaroa/Wairewa Board is a sub-division of the Banks Peninsula Ward which includes the Akaroa Town, Akaroa Inner Harbour and Eastern Bays; and Little River, Birdlings Flat and Wairewa through to Gebbies Valley.
- 2,974 residents and 1,263 households.
- 6 Council social housing complexes.
- 2 primary schools, 1 Years 1-8 school, and 1 Area high school.
- 1 medical centre and 1 small rest home.
- 2 Council libraries and 2 museums.
- 1 Heartland Centre in Akaroa with an outreach office in Little River.
- Approximately 600 businesses employing 960 people.
- Main sport and recreation amenities Awa-iti Domain Little River, Akaroa Sports Complex.
- Main shopping centres Akaroa and Little River.
- 13 neighbourhood facilities (Council community centres, halls, and cottages).
- 5 historic/heritage, Council owned buildings.
- 6 residents groups, 2 business associations and 9 Reserve Management Committees.
- There are approximately 73 community groups supporting community development and recreation in the Ward.
- There is 1 Council supported community organisation network that meets twice yearly, more frequently if issues arise.
- As at November 2014 there are 29 community projects operating that are funded through the Akaroa/Wairewa Community Board.
- Community Board sponsored projects: ANZAC Day community services; Community Service Awards; Youth Development Fund; Neighbourhood Week.