Insurance settlements and on-going insurance.
EQC Canterbury earthquake(external link):
- What opting out involves and the opting-out process and what to do if you find further damage.
- Why EQC may cash settle your property, what happens next, what your settlement statement will include, your responsibilities as the dwelling owner, what you should do with your cash-settlement, what to do if you find further damage, what to do if you want to challenge your EQC settlement statement.
- How EQC has defined Multi-unit buildings (MUB) and how settlement is reached for MUB customers and frequently asked questions.
- EQC settlement principles.
Insurance Council of New Zealand (ICNZ)(external link):
- Questions and answers for owners of houses with claims over the EQC cap, including questions about getting a second opinion on costs, flood zone level rebuilds and deals between EQC and insurers.
- Availability of insurance.