If a mobile food cart is to trade in public places, a permit for a mobile or travelling shop is also required.

If they are to be used in, or occupy, any street, road or other public place, they must also have all other licences, registrations or permits and pay any site fees which may be required under the provisions of any relevant Act, Regulation or Bylaw.

For Christchurch, this mean a mobile or travelling shop permit. Information about how to apply for a mobile or travelling shop permit.