Information about connecting your house to the Council water supply.

When applying for a new water connection, connection upgrade, or to have your water connection relocated, you will need to complete an Application for water connection [PDF, 1.6 MB].

A water connection application can also be applied for as part of a building consent application.

The application for water connection form also gives guidance notes for: residential and commercial connections, subdivision considerations, rural restricted supply and fire service connections. See also specific information about connecting to the Council water supply.


Please note: fees vary according to the type of water supply connection and fixed fees and minimum application fees do not always cover all of the consent related costs of an application. Refer to the Building Consents Fee Schedule for further information.