Christchurch road status & Transport for Christchurch
Introducing the new and improved Transport for Christchurch website.
We’re making it even easier for you to move about Christchurch with a number of customer-driven changes to the transportforchristchurch website.
You’ll now find the website has:
- an updated map of all road work sites throughout the city;
- real-time information from Google;
- better information on the impact on the transport network;
- news and events on the front page with links to more information; and
- links to the new iPhone and Android apps
The transportforchristchurch website’s interactive map lets you quickly see where road works sites are located, enabling you to navigate your way about the city with minimal delays, detours and frustrations.
The map has information on existing work sites and those that are expected to be operational within the next week. All this information is supplied directly by the contractors and construction firms.
The latest news and events information keeps you informed of what could also affect your travel plans.
transportforchristchurch is a joint venture between the Christchurch City Council, NZ Transport Agency and ECan set-up following the earthquakes to help make it easier for you to move about the city.
If you are planning an activity that will block or interrupt road traffic or pedestrians on a public street, you must obtain consent from Council for a temporary road closure. Temporary road closures can be caused by:
- works such as construction, utility repairs, excavations, road resurfacing
- events such as road races, street parties, or parades
The links below provide more information about temporary road closures and how to apply for one.