Council, 23 July 2020.
The objective of the policy is to provide rates relief in eight situations, to support either the fairness and equity of the rating system or the overall wellbeing of the community.
The policy details rates remissions available for:
- not-for-profit community-based organisations.
- land owned or used by the Council for community benefit.
- rates – late payment and arrears penalties (including penalty remissions to support COVID-19 rates payment extensions).
- contiguous parcels of land.
- residential pressure wastewater system electricity costs.
- earthquake-affected properties.
- excess water charges.
- other remissions deemed fair and equitable.
Read the Rates Remission Policy 2020/21 [PDF, 646 KB].