In December 2013 the Council commissioned independent financial advisory firm KordaMentha to undertake an assessment of the financial estimates and assumptions underpinning the city’s Three Year Plan adopted in June 2013.
Cameron Partners was commissioned in 2014 to look at the performance of Christchurch City Holdings Ltd and Council-owned trading organisations.
The scope of the resulting report was widened to consider all capital and operational expenditure by the Council with the aim of providing residents with a full picture of the Council’s financial position, and options for dealing with it.
Highlights of Cameron Partners report
Financial advisors Cameron Partners reported on options for a capital release phased over the next three years and highlights of this report were released in November 2015.
Cameron Partners report
Korda Mentha report
KordaMentha report [PDF, 1.7 MB] - Review of aspects of the financial position of Christchurch City Council.
- Executive summary (p1-5) [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Financial strategy contained in the Three Year Plan (p6-9) [PDF, 264 KB]
- Horizontal Infrastructure (p10-14) [PDF, 166 KB]
- Buildings and facilities rebuild programme (p15-21) [PDF, 210 KB]
- Insurance (p22-23) [PDF, 122 KB]
- Summary and options (p24-25) [PDF, 168 KB]
- Appendix A Earthquake response and recovery cost estimates & Appendix B (p26-27) [PDF, 165 KB]