Clicking on one of the symbols will give an information box. Data is updated each night from the council project management system.
The information box provides:
- Title: the name the project (as known within Council).
- Activity: the type of work being undertaken.
- Progress: current project phase i.e. planning, design or construction.
- Comment: a brief description of the project, or other information.
- Size: approximate budget (under 500k, 500k - $2M, $2M-$20M, over $20M).
- Estimated Start: approximate forecast construction start date.
- Estimated Finish: approximate forecast construction completion date.
- Project: the ID number of the project within Council.
The symbol location gives a general indication of where major capital works are planned around the city. Some works span larger areas than shown. For example, the major cycleway projects are shown as point locations but are in fact routes spanning several kilometres.
Only current projects are displayed (and those planned for the next financial year). When construction is complete, the project will disappear from the map.