Clicking on one of the symbols will give an information box, which is updated each night from the council project management system. This information box includes:
- Title: the name the project is known by within council.
- Activity: type of work being undertaken.
- Progress: planning, design or construction.
- Comment: brief description or other information.
- Size: approximate budget (under 500k, 500k - $2M, $2M-$20M, over $20M).
- Estimated Start: approximate forecast construction start date.
- Estimated Finish: approximate forecast construction completion date.
- Project: the ID number of the project within council.
There is also displayed the road and footpath renewals programmes across the city for both this financial year and next financial year.
The symbol location gives a general indication of where major capital works are planned around the city, but clearly some works span larger areas than shown. For example the major cycleway projects are shown as point locations but are in fact routes spanning several kilometres.
Please note that only current projects are displayed and when a project is finished and closed it will disappear from the map.