Education level: Years 9 and 10.
Curriculum: Social studies curriculum – level 5.
The Have Your Say resource is a classroom-ready teacher resource with Social Studies curriculum value. It is intended to help students become more aware of and involved in local government. Its main objectives are:
- To create a better understanding of local government.
- To encourage students to engage with and have input into local government issues.
- To contribute to the development of their city as a good place to live and work.
As students work through the resource they will develop skills in social decision-making and values exploration. They will also develop knowledge and understandings of:
- Social organisation: how systems of government are organised and affect people’s lives.
- Place and environment: why particular places and environments are significant for people.
The Have your Say resource is made up of four PDFs as follows: