Recognising that recovery is a long-term process, this fund provides support for community initiatives that improve community safety, participation, inclusion, and connection between communities affected in any way by the Christchurch terror attacks. Applicants are encouraged to consider how their project supports recovery.
Some examples of initiatives that could be funded are:
- An activity that brings cultures together to connect.
- Sports and recreation activities for young people.
- Events for connecting families or older people.
- Group classes with a well-being component.
- One-off events and associated costs, such as venue hire.
Grants tend to average $1,000 per project.
If your project requires more than this please email email@example.com before you apply.
What we can't fund
Grants cannot be provided towards:
- Salaries or administration costs.
- Events that have already taken place.
- Activities that intend to generate profit.
- The promotion of commercial, political, or religious objectives.
- The purchase of alcohol.