Each year our city benefits from the service of volunteers and others who go above and beyond the call of duty for Christchurch and its people. We recognise these valued contributions with our annual Civic Awards.
Nominations for the 2020 awards are open from Saturday 18 July until Friday 21 August.
Please download, print, and fill out the application form [PDF, 816 KB] and get it back to us by 5pm on Friday 21 August 2020.
You can post it to:
Civic and International Relations Coordinator
Christchurch City Council
PO Box 73016, Christchurch, 8154
Or drop it off at:
Civic Office reception
53 Hereford Street, Christchurch, 8013
The criteria for judging sets out some guidelines for the Committee and recommends a process for judging that allows for clarity and accountability:
- Judging panel cannot act as a nominator.
- The Council, as a body, may not submit nominations, although nominations may be submitted by councillors and community board members as individuals.
- Each nomination will be judged on its own merit against the following criteria:
- Work of a substantial nature is defined as short-term or long-term projects or activities that have benefited the city in such a way as to have added to the quality of life of the residents.
- Each nomination is considered in the way it benefits the metropolitan area of Christchurch. Metropolitan means the area encompassing the east coast, the boundaries of Selwyn District Council, Waimakariri District Council and Banks Peninsula District Council.
- Nominations may be made for individuals and organisations whose work, usually of a voluntary capacity, is considered to have made an impact on the city of Christchurch.
- No award recipient will be eligible to receive both a Civic Award and a Community Board Award in the same year.