Because of the COVID-19 alert levels, you also need to specify how you will manage your gathering.
You should prepare a COVID-19 management plan that is agreeable to the venue owner.
Your plan should address the following:
- seating arrangement, including how you intend to ensure that all guests remain seated
- maximum number in a group (according to the Level 2 rules in place at the time)
- maximum number permitted in the venue (according to the Level 2 rules in place at the time)
- Separated: floor plan of how seating will be spaced
- Single server: one sever per table social distancing responsibility
- Play it safe: steps to ensure contact tracing of all invited guests can be achieved cleaning, health and safety precautions
The requirements and rules(external link) in response to the COVID-19 emergency have been put in place by MBIE. We encourage you to also seek advice from relevant associations e.g. Hospitality NZ, Clubs NZ, or your sporting association, where relevant.
What does this mean for your application?
It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the relevant COVID-19 alert level requirements at the time of your event.
- We need to confirm that you have a COVID-19 Management Plan in place.
- The issuing of a licence does not confirm event compliance with any Government COVID-19 Order requirements, as at the date of the event, for “gatherings” and “sale of alcohol” including for capacity numbers. It is expected, and your responsibility, to observe any requirements of the Government that apply when operating your event on the day.
- Compliance information can be found on the official New Zealand Government Covid-19 website(external link).
- Note all application fees are non-refundable and are for the processing of your application.