You can withdraw a PIM or building consent application at any time prior to the consent being granted.

To withdraw an application, submit a Withdrawal Request Form (B-014) [PDF, 275 KB] (also available in Word [DOCX, 373 KB]using our online services or at the Civic Offices, 53 Hereford St, Christchurch.

Please note: Depending on how much processing work has been completed, you may receive a deposit refund, or be charged for costs that exceed the deposit amount.

After your consent has been issued

If you will no longer be proceeding with your building work after your building consent has been issued, you can advise the Council of this in writing either using online services or at the Civic Offices, 53 Hereford Street, Christchurch.

At the time that your notification is received you may be eligible to receive a refund of any unused fees. These will be calculated and issued to you.

If building work has not started within 12 months of granting, the consent is lapsed as per Section 52, Building Act 2004. Your consent will continue to remain active until it lapses at 12 months. At this time you will receive a letter from Council advising you that your consent has lapsed.