- Check out Pioneer's Christmas Group Fitness timetable here
- Pioneer's Spin Classes - check out the Group Fitness timetable for class times and to ensure you don’t miss out on your favourite bike/class/instructor we recommend you booking ahead.
- The wave machine in the Leisure Pool is out of action until further notice
- Roading, wastewater & stormwater repair work is underway around Pioneer. For detailed information on how access to Pioneer via Lyttelton Street please see the SCRIT rebuild website. For the latest update (July 2013), please click here.
- Want to know the best time to train at the fitness centre or use the pool? See the latest usage data by clicking here or view the permanent main pool bookings here
For more details & further updates please see the Recreation & Sport Notices page.
General informationView location and virtual tour of the pool and gym facilities
Pioneer offers a wide variety of facilities:
For more detailed information on the above facilites, please see the sport & recreation facilites page.
Our range of recreation programmes and fitness classes is suitable for both casual visitors and members for a fun active way to get healthy. Check out our weekly group fitness timetable. Our popular pre-schoolers class 'Tumbletimes', runs regularly during Term time, see the Recreation programmes page for more information on this casual fun pre-school gym class.
Please see our fees and charges page for costs on casual admission prices. Our memberships are great value for regular users.
Swimsmart aquatic programmes including learn to swim classes are also held at Pioneer and cater for a full range of ages and levels of ability.
For latest information and updates please see our notices.
At Pioneer we provide other services including the Pioneer Early Learning Centre, Southern Centre multi sensory experience, Plunge Café, Physio South, Canterbury Volleyball, stadium court hire and meeting room hire.
- Monday - Friday, 5:30am - 9:30pm
- Weekends and public holidays, 7am - 8pm
- ANZAC day, 1pm - 8pm
- Monday - Thursday, 5:30am - 9:30pm
- Friday 5:30pm - 8pm
- Weekends and public holidays, 7am - 7pm
- ANZAC day, 1pm - 8pm
Christmas/New Year Holiday Opening Hours
Standard public holiday hours apply during the Christmas/New Year holiday period (26th December to 5th January) with the following exceptions -
Christmas Eve - Close at 6pm
Christmas Day - Closed
New Years Eve - Close at 6pm
New Years Day - Open at 10am
Want to know the best time to come and train and the fitness centre? See the latest Usage Data by clicking here.
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre is located at 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, next to Centennial Park.
The Orbiter Bus stops right outside, on Lyttelton street.
There are 256 parking spaces available (including disability and 10 minute).
Cycle stands are available right outside the entrance.
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
PO Box 73033
Phone: (03) 941 6888
Swimsmart Phone: (03) 377 7690
Swimsmart email: email@example.com
Fax: (03) 941 7029