After school Basketball registrations for Term 2 2014 will no longer be taken at Pioneer. Canterbury Basketball will now be running their After School Hoops Academy at Pioneer from Term 2 2014. To book into the Canterbury Basketball Hoops Academy for Term 2, please click here
to view more information.
ANZAC day, Friday 25th April, we will be closed in the morning and open from 1pm.
- The Draft Annual Plan is open for consultation until 22nd April. There have been proposals relating to the Recreation and Sport Centres that may affect you and the consultation process is your chance to give feedback via online submission form on these proposals. Pages 5 and 6 of the Summary Document relate to Recreation and Sport Centres.
- Techinque week is coming to our fitness centre 28th April - 2nd May. Twice a day Monday, Wednesday & Friday we'll be taking you through Cable Pulley - Push and Pull Technique. Talk to anyone from our fitness team for more information.
The wave machine in the Leisure Pool is out of action until further notice
Want to know the best time to train at the fitness centre or use the pool? See the latest usage data by clicking here or view the permanent main pool bookings here
For more details & further updates please see the Recreation & Sport Notices page.
Pioneer offers a wide variety of facilities:
For more detailed information on the above facilites, please see the sport & recreation facilites page.
Our range of recreation programmes and fitness classes is suitable for both casual visitors and members for a fun active way to get healthy. Check out our weekly group fitness timetable. Our popular pre-schoolers class 'Tumbletimes', runs regularly during Term time, see the Recreation programmes page for more information on this casual fun pre-school gym class.
Please see our fees and charges page for costs on casual admission prices. Our memberships are great value for regular users.
Swimsmart aquatic programmes including learn to swim classes are also held at Pioneer and cater for a full range of ages and levels of ability.
For latest information and updates please see our notices.
At Pioneer we provide other services including the Pioneer Early Learning Centre, Southern Centre multi sensory experience, Plunge Café, Physio South, Canterbury Volleyball, stadium court hire and meeting room hire.
- Monday - Friday, 5:30am - 9:30pm
- Weekends and public holidays, 7am - 8pm
- ANZAC day, 1pm - 8pm
- Monday - Thursday, 5:30am - 9:30pm
- Friday 5:30pm - 8pm
- Weekends and public holidays, 7am - 7pm
- ANZAC day, 1pm - 8pm
Want to know the best time to come and train and the fitness centre? See the latest Usage Data by clicking here.
Directions and Virtual Tour
Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre is located at 75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield, next to Centennial Park.
Click here to view the virtual tour of Pioneer Recreation and Sport Centre
The Orbiter Bus stops right outside, on Lyttelton street.
There are 256 parking spaces available (including disability and 10 minute).
Cycle stands are available right outside the entrance.
75 Lyttelton Street, Somerfield
PO Box 73033
Phone: (03) 941 6888
Swimsmart Phone: (03) 377 7690
Swimsmart email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (03) 941 7029