What is the KiwiAble Leisure Card?
The KiwiAble Leisure Card offers discounted recreation, sport and leisure opportunities to disabled people in Canterbury. It aims to reduce some of the barriers when it comes to participating in recreation. The card is free of charge for those living in Christchurch.
Download the KiwiAble Leisure Card Information Booklet and Application Form to see more details about the KiwiAble Leisure Card.
Where can I use the card?
There are currently 30 places that support the card by offering card holder discounts. This number will increase as the city rebuilds and more opportunites become available.
When your card is issued you will recieve a booklet that lists places you can use the card and the discounts they offer. These include:
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- CCC Recreation and Sports Centres
- Hoyts Movie Theatres
- AMF Garden City Bowl
- The Southern Centre
- Pirates Island Adventure Golf
See our discount booklet for further discount providers.
Who can get a KiwiAble Leisure Card?
You are eligible for the KiwiAble Leisure ADULT card if you get:
- Supported Living Payment (from Work and Income), or
- long-term ACC (52 weeks or more), or
- Job Seekers Support (from Work and Income) and have a letter of support from a disability agency, or
- NZ Superannuation and Disability Allowance
The KiwiAble Leisure YOUTH card is for children under 16 years old who:
- Have a parent or guardian who receives a Child Disability Allowance (from Work and Income), or
- Have a letter of support from a recognised disability agency, doctor or school
Once you turn 16 year old you will need to apply for an adult card. A letter will be sent to you to help you do this.
How do I apply?
Complete the application form and include:
- A recent passport-style photo, and
- A letter of confirmation of eligibility (e.g. a letter received in the last 12 months from Work and Income stating what benefit you are entitled to)
Send these to:
Inclusive Communities Coordinator
Recreation & Sports Unit
Christchurch City Council
PO Box 73016
or email: email@example.com