Lost Boy Memorial (William Mason).
Off to the side of Rapaki Track, approximately 1km from the Summit Road. The second memorial stands behind the first looking up to the Summit road on the Sugar Loaf side of the track.
A slender cast iron pillar with ornate top mounted on a large volcanic rock. A brass plaque is attached mid way down the pillar, in memory of two St Martins boys who died of exposure in 1883 while crossing the hills from Rapaki.
William David Mason perished here 30th March 1883 aged 10 years.