Please Wait...
progress bar
Last reviewed: Tue, 03 Jul 2012

Start a business

If you are considering starting a new business, we offer licencing and resource management information to help you get started.

Starting a new business from home or a small business like hairdressing can be difficult if you don't know what you need to do.

We can provide you with specific information for things like busking or setting up a mobile food business in Christchurch, licencing applications and fees to help you start your business the right way with the right consents.

Council fees

For fees related to starting up a food premises, hairdressers, camping grounds, funeral directors, please refer to the registered premises fees table [PDF 253KB], or for more information refer to an Environmental Health Officer in the Environmental Monitoring team.

Bank Peninsula
Registration of premises (food premises, hairdressers, camping grounds and funeral directors) will be undertaken by the Christchurch City Council. Application forms for the renewal of registration will be sent to all premises and payment may be made at any service centre or by post to PO Box 237 Christchurch 8140.

Inspection of registered premises in the Banks Peninsula area will continue to be carried out by the Christchurch City Council.


Authorising Unit: Inspections and Enforcement

Last reviewed: Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Next review: Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Keywords: business, start